Monday, April 20, 2009

I'm Back!!!!

Wow, I have been an extremely bad blogger. I guess I will start off by listing the reasons (excuses) why I have not updated my blog. Obviously, the number one reason is that I have been super busy at work and at home but when I do have a minute I just don’t know what to say. Is this supposed to be a blog about life as a Mommy? Does anyone want to read that? I’m not a stay at home Mom so what do I write about? However, I truly do miss blogging. I’m not even sure if anyone reads this anymore honestly. But here goes:

Since the last time I have updated my little guy has done a lot of growing. He has outgrown his newborn clothes and is in 3-6 months and can even wear some 6 month clothing. He is smiling and laughing and starting to coo like crazy. He is a good baby overall. We had some fussy times in the beginning when he was suffering from a lot of gas and we finally determined that he was lactose intolerant and has acid reflux. We switched him to Similac Sensitive RS and it seemed to cure most of his belly issues. He still cries before he poops like he might have some belly pain. He has also developed an aversion to large crowds. We are always around a lot of people and he has always been fine but the last two weeks or so he screams when he is in the room with a large group of people. He also does not want to be held by strangers. This new turn of events causes people who only see him in large groups to thinks he is a fussy baby. Buy he isn’t! He is a sweet little boy when he is with us or just a few people. I guess this is just a phase he is going though. The problem is that we can’t avoid going out in public. We are very active in our church and we are on the go a lot. I am assuming the more he is around people the more he will get used to it but for now it is so hard to hear him cry like that. Plus, when we do go out in public like church or a family party or something everyone wants to hold him which makes him cry even more. My poor little guy!

Other than that he is a little angel. He sleeps really well at night with the exception of trying to get him to fall asleep. He fights sleep like crazy! But once he is asleep he will either sleep through the night or wake up once for a bottle and then go back to sleep. My favorite thing is when he wakes up in the morning and I peek into his crib and say good morning and he gives me a big ole gummy smile. Love it!

I am truly happy, more happy than I have ever been before. I never forget to thank God every single day for all of the blessings He has given me. I love my husband even more than I ever thought possible. He is such a wonderful Daddy and it makes me so happy to see him with Noah. Noah is so lucky to have a Daddy like him. I never had a close relationship with my father and I hope that Noah and Shawn will always be close. I guess the fact that I am just so happy is why I am having problems finding things to blog about. But I promise I am going to try. I don’t want this time to go by and then look back one day and realize that I didn’t record any of it. I have been checking all of your blogs every so often but I haven’t been commenting, I promise I am going to try to do better at that too. In my next update I will include some pictures so you can see how my little guy has grown!

7 comments:

  1. I still read! :) I know how difficult it can be to blog. I fully intended to write something once, if not more times a week and I barely get to that, sometimes it ends up being weeks in between blogs.

    Your comment about large crowds gives me peace of mind because Liam was the exact same way. I couldn't pinpoint it at first but Jason pointed it out to me and I finally had to agree and spend some time outside when we were at a large person function.

    I love the gummy smile comment...doesn't it just make your heart melt when they love you soooooooooo much?! From your entry it sounds like you've transitioned him into his crib? That's great but I'm sure was/is somewhat scary. I know when we moved Liam from his cradle (in our bedroom) to his crib I was a mess, waking every few hours to go and check on him.

    I'm so happy that you are so happy. Motherhood is no other love one can describe and being able to say it out loud is such a wonderful feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see you back. It's such an adjustment - going back to work with a little one. Trust me, I know!! Can't wait to see pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to see you back and to hear about your little guy! I would love to see photos and I've missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO good to see you're back! I have been checking back and waiting patiently! :) Can't wait to see some pictures of your little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for your message!! I was just wondering how you were doing the other day!

    I owe you a belated Congratulations on your beautiful baby boy!!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glad that things are going so well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still read! I can't wait to see some pictures! I saw that you requested me on facebook so I'm going to approve you now, I hope you have some cute pics on there! :)

    ReplyDelete